We aren’t limited to Arial, Verdana and other Georgia’s anymore. Here follows a list of some fonts I like to use.
- Raleway Raleway is an elegant sans-serif typeface family, 9 styles by Multiple Designers
- Dosis Dosis is a rounded sans-serif type family, 7 styles by Edgar Tolentino and Pablo Impallari
- Open Sans Open Sans is a humanist sans serif typeface, 10 styles by Steve Matteson, Type Director of Ascender Corp
- Asap Asap is a contemporary sans-serif family with subtle rounded corners, 4 styles by Omnibus-Type (Pablo Cosgaya)
- Fredoka One Fredoka One is a big, round, bold font that is perfect for adding a little fun to any headline or large text, 1 style by Milena Brandao
- Source Sans Pro Source® Sans Pro, Adobe's first open source typeface family, sans serif typeface intended to work well in user interfaces, 12 Styles by Paul D. Hunt
- Merriweather Merriweather is a text face that is pleasant to read on screens, 4 styles by Eben Sorkin
- Just Another Hand Just Another Hand is a narrow brush drawn handwriting font, 1 style by Astigmatic
- Overlock Overlock, rounded glyph shapes, 6 styles by Dario Manuel Muhafara
- Lato Lato is sans-serif typeface family, 10 styles by Łukasz Dziedzic
Google Web Fonts is of course not limited to this small list of fonts. There are a lot more great fonts like Ubuntu, Titilium Web, Droid Sans… You can also filter fonts on the Google Web Fonts homepage.
Some other beautiful web types are showcased on the Hello Happy website.